1st Class Lineworker
The Town of Paxton Municipal Light Department (PMLD) is seeking applicants for the full time (40 hours per week, Monday -Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM) position of First Class Lineworker. This position performs skilled work in all phases of distribution including general line construction, substation/distribution maintenance, repair of the Town's overhead and underground electrical distribution system and devices, working on energized conductors and equipment up to 13,800 volts and tree trimming.
- Completed an approved Apprentice Program (National Grid or NEPPAS's 1st Class Line Worker training program. Other accredited training programs will be considered).
- At least two (2) years 1st Class Line Worker experience or a minimum of three (3) years experience as a 2nd Class Linemen and one (1) year as a groundsman.
- Valid Massachusetts Commercial Drivers License.
- Valid Massachusetts Hoisting License.
- Be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of applicable National Electrical Safety Code and National Electric Code sections pertaining to electric utility.
- Ability to handle bucket and digger vehicles.
- Familiarity with substation equipment, maintenance, repair, and operation.
- Live within a 30-minute radius of the Town of Paxton or be willing to relocate.
- Available for REQUIRED on-call rotation, nights and weekends and emergency callouts.
- A proven history of promoting a safe, productive, and positive work environment.
- Pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening.
- Possess the physical strength, flexibility, maneuverability, and mental characteristics sufficient to perform the duties of the position.
- Be able to climb utility poles.
- Ability to work under pressure, in all-weather conditions and in emergency situations.
This is a non-exempt Union position with additional compensation for "On-Call" duties. PMLD offers a competitive benefits package and is an EOE. This position falls under the Department of Transportation drug testing requirements.
Please forward resumes preferably by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Att. Tara Rondeau, Paxton Municipal Light Department, 578 Pleasant Street, Paxton, MA o1612. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.