STOWE ELECTRIC DEPARTMENT
Opening for an Administrative Assistant
About The Company
The Town of Stowe Electric Department provides electric service to over 4,400 customers in the quaint town of Stowe, Vermont. The Department began providing electricity in the year 1911. We are a very progressive and forward looking utility and we pride ourselves on providing superior customer service to our ratepayers.
Stowe Electric Department (SED) is currently in need of a talented individual to join our creative and hardworking team. The Administrative Assistant will provide support for two departments (Operations, and Customer Service) which will require a diverse set of skills. Operations support requires the completion, organization and maintenance of work orders, involvement in project management and data entry intensive work. In addition, the Administrative Assistant will be trained in Customer Service support to answer phones, accept payments and provide information, and answer customer inquiries in regards to billing and usage questions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Creation of manual invoice requests
- Follow through of work orders from start to finish
- Data Entry and Maintenance of several Operations platforms
- Obtain quotes for Operations purchases
- Creation of estimates
- Spreadsheet creation and maintenance
- Track linecrew safety requirements
- Scanning of maps and other vital documents
- Projects as assigned
- Tracking project progress
- Backup for Billing & Collections cash posting and deposits creation
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Associate degree or minimum three years of experience in an administrative capacity and customer service
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Interpersonal skills and proficiency in oral and written communications
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, severe/morbid obesity, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
By applying for this position, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the team with a positive and ethical attitude.
- Non-Exempt Position – $29.80 - $31.25/hour ($62,000 - $65,000) depending on experience
- Stowe Electric Department offers an extremely generous benefit package that adds an additional 40 – 62% value to an employees total compensation package. Benefits include; health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, short & long term disability, 401(a) and 457(b) plans, and holidays. Additionally, SED offers employees an abundant amount of Paid-Time-Off (PTO) which includes 6 weeks of PTO by the end of the first year.
Interested parties should forward a cover letter and resume:
Ellen Burt, General Manager
Stowe Electric Department
P.O. Box 190
Stowe, VT 05672-0190