Assist Director of Integrated Resources Division (IRD) with overall responsibilities for planning and managing IRD’s Wholesale, Retail, Community Relations and Customer Service functions. Directly responsible for the management of the Customer Service team.
Illustrative Work Activities:
Essential work activities, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Assists the Director of Integrated Resources with the overall management of Integrated Resource Engineers and Analysts, Customer Service Personnel, Operational Assistant, Resource Specialist and Community Relations personnel including determining manpower needs, administrative responsibilities, performance evaluations for direct reports, and Career Development Plans.
- Directly responsible for managing Customer Service Department.
- Assists in the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of Power Supply Portfolio; assists in monitoring/overseeing NERC, NPCC, and ISO-NE compliance standards and requirements as it relates to RMLD.
- Assists in planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of Integrated Resource Plan; assists with the preparation of system load and retail revenue forecasts.
- Assists in directing the implementation and evaluation of Distributed Generation, Solar, and Demand Response programs; coordinate program activity with other RMLD Divisions, as appropriate.
- Assists in directing the implementation of energy efficiency, conservation, and load management programs for residential, industrial, commercial, and municipal customers; coordinate program activity with other RMLD Divisions, as appropriate.
- Assists with Cost of Service and Rate Design studies.
- Assists with development and implementation of appropriate business policies and processes for IRD; assists in providing input, review and recommended updates as situations arise such as code, law and configuration changes, etc. for the RMLD Service Requirements Handbook.
- Assists in providing technical information and assistance to other RMLD Divisions, Town departments, Agencies, and customers; creates and delivers presentations to internal and external boards.
- Performs all aspects of quality Project Management.
- Assists in developing, reviewing, and administering IRD budget.
- Provides coverage for Director of IRD.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or any other field that emphasizes quantitative analysis. Master’s in Business Administration, Business Management, preferred.
Minimum 10 years of experience in the electric power industry directly related to power supply planning. At least 5 years of experience should be on a technical management level, with ability to perform complex technical and financial analysis on the benefits of implementing new technologies and procedures. Must have working knowledge of forecasting methods and software, long-term energy supply market in New England, ISO-NE market rules and procedures, demand-side planning, and cost of service/rate design. Minimum 5-7 years of project management, municipal utility accounting and DPU exposure, budget preparation and cost control. Preferable 5 plus years of supervisory/personnel management/leadership skills including coaching and mentoring to more than 5 employees. Must include/incorporate best utility practices and best practice trends.
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities:
Knowledge of energy risk management, marketing, business program development and business finance. Ability to maintain effective working relationships internally and externally. Ability to interpret and explain complex energy contracts. Ability to plan and implement business processes. Strong oral, written and presentation skills with the command of industry terminology. Familiarity with office procedures, methods and equipment including computers. Well-developed computer skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including SharePoint as well as RMLD utility billing software.
Judgment and initiative:
Under direction, performs duties in accordance with established policies, codes, laws and professional standards; unusual policy questions involving interpretation or clarification usually reviewed with Director of IR. Demonstrates initiative in ensuring continued process improvements in areas of job description duties to demonstrate better accuracy, productivity, safety and customer service is expected. Strong understanding of utility best practices enables predictive and preventative initiatives. Capable of negotiating power contracts and managing large projects. Responsible for rate recommendations for residential, commercial, industrial customers. Demand Side Management (DSM) implementation measures for all customer classes as deemed necessary. Recommend/Specify hardware and software purchases for IR.
Capable of performing job functions for extended periods of time. Moderate physical effort may be required on an intermittent basis.
Ability to operate computer keyboards and all related software. Utilizes hand tools and test equipment such as high voltage test equipment, grounding equipment and other related apparatus.
Supervises IR staff as required. Assigns or provides appropriate supervision of outside contractors working on RMLD projects. Serves as Director of IR in the Director’s absence as assigned. Mentors IR personnel to assist with their progression as outlined in their respective CDPs. Coaches and counsels employees with appropriate documentation.
License and Certifications:
Valid Driver’s license or equivalent.
Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas and directions to employees, customers, vendors, and peers, in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrated team player. Demonstrated positive attitude.