The Ashburnham Municipal Light Plant (AMLP) is seeking an Assistant General Manager to work under the direction of the General Manager (GM), assist in supervision and overall planning for a municipally owned electric utility. The Assistant General Manager (AGM) will aid in the operation and management of the Ashburnham Municipal Light Plant (AMLP) and will perform the duties of the GM in his/her absence, working closely with the Municipal Light Board (MLB). Attend meetings as required; develop energy and workforce projects with team members and outside consultants. Participate as part of a team in the operation of AMLP’s electric distribution systems. Work on regional, state and federal public policy issues. Take an active role in budget and succession planning, training, performance reviews and workforce development.
Assistant General Manager Duties:
• Assist the GM in the preparation, review and approval of forecasts, long and short-term portfolio planning, budget planning, rate design and reporting to State and Federal agencies
• Provide strategic planning and supervision for major projects and generate regular progress reports
• Develop annual budgets, action plans, and policy recommendations for review with AMLP’s MLB
• Provide leadership, motivation, and direction by reviewing operations policies and procedures
• Work with GM on human resource requirements, performance appraisal process, cross-training and succession planning. Assist with hiring, labor negotiations, employee development and disciplinary action process.
• Assist with communications, presentations, and community engagement with customers, local, State and Federal government agencies
• Review and conform to the general laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts governing municipally owned utilities (Chapter 164), Municipal and other laws and regulations as applicable
• Coordinate review of insurance coverage and manage claims activity
• Respond to emergency situations at all hours of the day/night
• Perform other related duties as required