The Littleton Electric Light and Water Department is accepting applicants for the position of Credit and Collections Specialist. Under general supervision of the Business Office Supervisor, performs full range of customer service, credit and collections, customer relations, and clerical entries for electric and water customers.
- Maintain all aspects of customer account coverage including but not limited to: credit and collections, database, billing process, etc.
- Respond to a variety of customer inquiries, requests, and complaints related to electric and water accounts in order to effectively resolve customer needs.
- Review applications for new electric and water customers, capture personal information, track customer deposits.
- Ensure member accounts are in good standing, use best practices for collection measures, and follow Department of Public Utility regulations for shut off procedures.
- Process liens on past due accounts.
- Work closely with Attorney to complete collection process when needed.
- Knowledge of rates and billing practices, understanding of consumption calculations, and the ability to explain these items to customers.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with others, both verbally and in writing, including answering phones, responding to emails, and interacting with customers in person.
- Ability to use two way radios in a calm, strong voice to communicate with field personnel.
- Provide support to Office Staff and other Department Staff as needed including telephone answering, special project tasks, and willingness to assist during outages and other emergency situations possibly outside of normal business hours.
- Associates degree, and a minimum of 3 years customer service/credit and collections experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including MS Word and Excel, various office equipment, multi-line phone system
- Familiarity with additional billing software programs is preferable
- Detail oriented candidate must be able to multitask and have a pleasant demeanor both on the phone and when interacting with customers, coworkers, and the public
- Capability of working in an environment of frequent interruptions
- Willingness to assist on multi-department special projects and during community events
Resumes will be accepted until July 22, 2021 at email@example.com or in person at 39 Ayer Road, Littleton, MA