The Town of Belmont is now accepting applications for the full-time position of:
Customer Service Representative
Belmont Municipal Light Department
Hourly rate range: $25.0537 - $31.2292
Applicants must submit the required Town of Belmont application form, resume and cover letter to the Town’s Human Resources Department by November 17, 2023.
Belmont Municipal Light Department (Belmont Light) is accepting applications for a full-time Customer Service Representative position. The primary duties of the position are:
- Perform administrative, technical, and clerical work related to the billing and collection of revenue for electric and water services provided by the town.
- Conduct other administrative work as needed.
- Communicate effectively with customers regarding department policies and services.
- Represent Belmont Light in a professional manner and contribute to a team-oriented employee atmosphere.
- Handle customer requests and questions pertaining to electric bills and other relevant topics.
- Process invoices, post daily deposits, and keep customer account records up-to-date.
- Proficiently navigate Belmont Light’s billing and accounting system and perform web-based duties.
- Assist the public, department staff, other town departments, vendors, banks, and agencies by processing bills, providing information, and preparing reports.
- Manage multiple phone lines, attend staff meetings, become knowledgeable about industry best practices, and keep current on state regulations relating to utility billing.
- Requires a high school diploma, Associates preferred, plus one year of general office, customer service, municipal, or other relevant equivalent.
This is an IBEW Union Position, Grade 6, with a salary range of $25.0537 to $31.2292 hourly working a 40-hour work week.
Please fill out the Town of Belmont Application for Employment. Applications/Resumes accepted at the Town of Belmont, Human Resources Department, 455 Concord Ave, Belmont, MA 02478. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax : 617-993-2741, by the closing date of November 17, 2023.