Energy New England is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, Director of Energy Efficiency & Electrification to join our team and lead the way to assisting the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and Public Power in achieving carbon net zero goals. Responsible for leading and growing ENE’s sustainability business line, including Energy Efficiency (EE), Distributed Energy Resources (DER), and Electrification. Supports ENE’s sustainability practice strategies resulting in building out the client pipeline. Focuses on how sustainability team can best support and cross-sell clients services. Develops and implements comprehensive plans for electric and gas utility programs for residential and commercial customers.
• Leads the planning, designing, and implementation of client sustainability programs
• Communicates sustainability strategy with clients, engaging leadership in defining the case for change
• Provides direction, management and supervision of the ENE Sustainability programs
• Leads and mentors staff of Energy Advisors, EV Team, and Operations Team
• Provides strong communication with internal and external clients
• Establishes relationships with other sustainability consultants, NGOs, regulatory entities, vendors and product/service companies
• Manage all aspects of RCS and CES programs including contracts and contract renewals
• Develops and maintains relationship with DOER, coordinates DOER reporting, helps to develop and respond to DOER grant opportunities
• Develops and maintains relationships with industry special interest groups and promotes ENE as an industry actor
• Responsible for development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all administrative requirements of EE Conservation Programs
• Tracking industry trends and other market changes that impact program offerings
• Create budgets and implementation plans under which to operate the programs, monitors performance against budgets and acts to meet budget requirements
• Implementing technology and procedures within the Conservation business line to best serve client and customer needs, and optimize work processes
• Actively performs business development in order to expand utility participation in program offerings and increase revenue
• Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Business, Finance, Economics, Sustainability, or related field. Advanced degree is preferred
• Seven (7) to ten (10) years prior experience in the energy efficiency field
• Expert capabilities with spreadsheets, Microsoft Office suite
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highly effective leadership experience
• Working knowledge with Energy Efficiency programs in the Commonwealth and with Department of Public Utilities (DPU) and Division of Energy Resources (DOER) staff is a plus. Experience in additional states a plus
• Highly knowledgeable and experienced leader who is comfortable performing multiple tasks and supporting a variety of initiatives in a deadline-driven environment
• Self-starter who understands the energy efficiency marketplace and can develop and execute programs
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to assemble and lead teams in the successful completion of major tasks
• Travel may be expected up to 25% of time
Energy New England (ENE) was founded in 1998 to enhance the competitive position of public power entities in response to deregulation and to attain operating efficiencies in energy risk management and retail account management. We are a municipal light plant cooperative established under Chapter 164, Section 47C of the Massachusetts General Laws. Our ownership is made up of light departments in Braintree, Taunton, Concord, Hingham, and Wellesley, Massachusetts.
ENE is the largest wholesale risk management and energy trading organization serving the needs of municipal utilities in the northeast. We currently manage the power supplies of over twenty municipal electric systems serving more than 1100 MW of electric load and more than 550 MW of generation in all six New England states. We advise on and/or conduct more than one billion kilowatt hours in wholesale power transactions and 100-150 million kilowatt hours in retail transactions annually. We also manage up to 250,000 therms of natural gas per day within our customers’ portfolios, as well as up to 5,000 barrels per day of fuel oil.
ENE works with numerous businesses, residents and utilities to help promote the principles of conservation, efficiency, and environmental stewardship, and advances the many benefits available through integrated sustainability planning. The ENE service portfolio encompasses the 4 C’s of sustainability: Conservation, Carbon Mitigation, Commodity Services, and Clean Technologies.
For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to Careers@ene.org
We offer a competitive salary, great employee benefits, a generous time off package, and a great work environment.
Energy New England complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.