About Us: The Community Power Coalition of New Hampshire (the Coalition) is a democratically governed and forward-thinking Joint Powers Agency dedicated to launching and operating Community Power Aggregation (CPA) programs. We represent 30% of New Hampshire's population with more than 50 members serving almost 60 communities. We are dedicated to empowering individuals and communities to take control of their energy future, reduce their carbon footprint, and create a clean and resilient energy system. Our mission is to foster resilient New Hampshire communities by empowering them to realize their energy goals. If you want to make real and sustained changes to how communities interact with energy, working with a collaborative and energetic team, this is the place for you.
Position Overview: As a member of senior management, the Director of Energy Programs and Projects will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing strategies related to energy resource programs and projects. You will be tasked with driving rate innovation, beneficial electrification strategies, local storage, renewable projects, and energy procurement initiatives using data driven analysis to support the mission and strategy of CPCNH. The position will direct (Sr.) Energy Analyst and work closely with the CEO and the senior management team, including a Director of Administration, a Director of Regulatory and Legislative Affairs, and a Director of Member Services, the Director will contribute to the organization's commitment to empowering communities for a sustainable energy future.
- Rate Innovation:
- Research and analyze innovative rate designs incentivizing flexible load management.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and policymakers to implement rate innovation.
- Flexible Load and Distributed Energy Optimization:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design and implement initiatives for load flexibility and renewable generation.
- Plan, negotiate, and implement distributed energy resource options for CPCNH members.
- Establish performance metrics, budget forecasts, and track progress of initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations and voluntary environmental attributes procurements.
- Data Analysis and Programming:
- Monitor trends in power, energy, and environmental markets.
- Supervise Energy Analyst/Senior Energy Analyst in developing energy portfolio supply, community load and energy revenue models.
- Grant Management:
- Develop and submit grant proposals for funding.
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements and monitor performance metrics and budgets.
- Other Duties:
- Take on additional responsibilities and projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Electrical Engineering, Business, or Economics); Master's degree preferred.
- Ten years of experience in energy management, grid optimization, or related fields.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large data sets.
- Experience in grant management is a plus.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion for sustainable energy and commitment to community-driven positive change.
- Proficiency in Ascend Analytics PowerSIMM software is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary within the electric utility industry.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health care, disability and life insurance, retirement contribution match programs, paid vacation, sick leave, family leave, and flexible work schedules.
Location: Hybrid position based in Lebanon, New Hampshire, with occasional travel statewide and 1-2 office days per week.