Formed in 1902, HG&E is a municipally owned utility that provides electricity, natural gas, and fiber optic internet services to over 18,000 customers. Our mission to our customers is simple: “We will provide competitive rates, innovative and sustainable energy solutions, reliable service, and excellent customer care.” We are currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill this vacancy.
Provide outstanding service skills and complete all work in a professional manner to ensure the highest level of internal and external customer satisfaction. Under supervision, perform various repair and maintenance procedures pertaining to gas & electric appliances such as heaters, stoves, dryers, gas ranges, water heaters, and furnaces. Detect and repair gas leaks on piping and appliances, replace testing meters, and perform related work as required. Respond to emergencies, pick up shift work and rotate on-call. Attend pertinent training as needed and follow a written training program.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
▪ Associates Degree or equivalent experience in HVAC, appliance, service and repair, or related programs, or Certificate of Completion from recognized HVAC or appliance service training program.
▪ More than two (2) years of demonstrated related experience.
▪ Demonstrated proficiency in diagnosing, repairing and maintaining gas & electric residential and commercial appliance and HVAC equipment; which includes but is not limited to hot air furnaces, forced hot water furnaces, steam boilers, hot water boilers, hot water heaters, unit heaters, stoves, dryers, cook tops, etc.
▪ Demonstrated knowledge of plumbing, heating, piping and electrical codes.
▪ Ability to read and interpret complex wiring diagrams and prints.
▪ Ability to use service testing equipment, PC, Email, Word & Excel.
▪ Ability to work in a self-directed work environment.
▪ Ability to move, push, pull and/or lift up to 35 lbs. variable distances; requires mobility and flexibility to walk, bend, kneel in difficult working positions.
▪ Ability to lift and move ladders.
▪ Ability to work outdoors in temperatures exceeding 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
▪ Ability to perform general duties in a safe manner without endangering themselves, customers or property.
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to multi-task.
▪ Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, and be customer service oriented.
▪ Willing and able to work overtime on off hour peak and repair calls.
▪ Shift: Monday – Friday, rotating 2nd shift and on-call.
▪ Ability to respond to emergency calls within 20 minutes.
▪ Regular and reliable attendance.
PREFERRED ENTRANCE QUALIFICATIONS: (in addition to above)
▪ The ideal candidate will possess a Gas Fitter, Pipe Fitter, and Plumber’s License.
▪ 3-5 years of demonstrated supervisory experience in the service field is a plus.
Successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and criminal background check. Starting pay is according to the Guild (Union) Contract.
Send all materials to:
City of Holyoke Gas & Electric Department Attn: Geisha I. Uroza
99 Suffolk Street
Holyoke, MA 01040 email@example.com
City of Holyoke Gas and Electric Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V. Working safely is a condition of employment at HG&E, No Phone Calls or Agencies please.