About Us: The Community Power Coalition of New Hampshire (the Coalition) is a democratically governed and forward-thinking Joint Powers Agency dedicated to launching and operating Community Power Aggregation (CPA) programs. We represent 30% of New Hampshire's population with more than 50 members serving almost 60 communities. We are dedicated to empowering individuals and communities to take control of their energy future, reduce their carbon footprint, and create a clean and resilient energy system. Our mission is to foster resilient New Hampshire communities by empowering them to realize their energy goals. If you want to make real and sustained changes to how communities interact with energy, working with a collaborative and energetic team, this is the place for you.
Data Analysis, Programming, and Evaluation:
- Conduct data analysis and modeling using extensive datasets to forecast load patterns, generation potential, and program effectiveness.
- Develop algorithms and tools for optimizing load flexibility and innovative rate designs.
- Support contract negotiation and analysis, develop RFPs, and represent CPCNH’s interests externally.
- Collaborate with the CPCNH team to build data-driven conclusions and effectively communicate findings.
- Support CPCNH reporting of member allocation of operational revenues and costs associated with flexible load and distributed energy strategies.
Market Research and Trend Analysis:
- Monitor activity and trends in wholesale power, energy, and environmental attributes markets.
- Research market information, identify new opportunities, and recommend changes to CPCNH’s market interaction policies and practices.
- Review and report on trading and hedging strategies and ongoing positions in energy markets.
Financial Modeling and Forecasting:
- Perform economic and risk analyses on current and proposed power supply positions, portfolios, and generation projects.
- Provide market and power planning support, assisting in risk identification, assessment, and mitigation.
- Create and modify resource optimization tools, developing an annual budget for power supply portfolios, programs, and projects.
- Interact with member systems and CPCNH Board of Directors regarding power supply services.
- Make formal presentations to CPCNH and CPCNH member boards, regulatory agencies, and the public.
- Work with the CPCNH Director of Regulatory & Legislative Affairs to stay informed about federal and state legislation and regulations.
- Represent CPCNH members at state and regional meetings, testify as necessary in front of regulatory bodies.
- Function as the primary associate to the Director of Energy Programs and Projects.
- Lead power supply functions during the Director’s absence.
- Assist with and perform special projects as required.
- Collaborate as a team player, including overtime when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field.
- Three or more years’ experience in energy, utilities, or related field, or an advanced degree.
- Proficiency in data analysis and programming languages.
- Knowledge of ISO-NE markets preferred.
- Strong analytical, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for sustainable energy and commitment to positive change.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary within the electric utility industry.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health care, disability and life insurance, retirement contribution match programs, paid vacation, sick leave, family leave, and flexible work schedules.
Location: Hybrid position based in Lebanon, New Hampshire, with occasional travel statewide and 1-2 office days per week.
Click here to apply or visit our careers page: https://cpcnh.applytojob.com/apply