We are currently seeking an experienced Energy Market Services Supervisor for our Market Management and Planning Business Unit. This person would be responsible for coordinating daily operations with the Independent System Operator - New England (ISO-NE). This would include complying with ISO requirements and programs necessary for MMWEC’s interaction with ISO-NE to fulfill MMWEC’s market services to its members/participants. Additionally, this position has responsibility for training and supervising, including assignment scheduling, of a team of analysts assigned to the work effort.
- Coordinate the development of MMWEC’s day-ahead load forecasting and load bidding strategies and procedures.
- Under the Direction of the Executive Director Energy & Financial Markets, supervise the activities of the Analyst Team in execution of daily operations and other functions required to comply with wholesale electricity market operations.
- Maintain understanding of ISO-NE market rules and changes impacting MMWEC members.
- Active involvement in all Market Management & Planning support activities.
- Oversee coordination of daily data collection for ISO settlement database, GAD’s data submittals to ISO, Bulk Power Comparison cost database.
- Coordinate Forward Capacity Market Auctions/Planning, Forward Reserve Market, Self-Supply of resources and energy/UCAP contracts entered into the ISO Market System.
- Support Sr. Project Manager Regulatory Services in Representation of MMWEC Members and Project Participants in ISO operations development discussions and NEPOOL Committees/Working Groups
- Fully understand changes in MMWEC operations and technology requirements due to ISO-NE operational changes.
- Support Stony Brook participation in the New England ISO
- Manage the “ISO metering agent” function
- Review and analyze ISO and other Invoices for Members/Project Participants as required
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of job related experience, including knowledge of all aspects of power supply, ISO-NE market rules and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of the electric utility industry and a solid understanding of electrical generation and transmission facilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Supervisory experience preferred
MMWEC offers a competitive salary & benefits package including both a pension and savings retirement plan with company match. We foster an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive.
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical disability, and political belief or affiliation.