The following is a brief list of illustrative duties. This list is not all inclusive of the duties of this position. It is not intended to be so.
- The Energy Services & Accounting Manager will supervise 3 Accounting staff members and the Senior Energy Analyst. This role will be responsible for assisting the General Manager by optimizing the BELD’s power supply to serve the customer base adequately and reliably at the least cost possible. The Energy Services & Accounting Manager will also be responsible for the Accounting Department including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll.
- The Manager develops and evaluates all power supply reports and proposals. The Manager will generate portfolio risk management strategies and energy trading opportunities.
- The Energy Services staff will work with Energy New England to ensure that this organization is working to the benefit of BELD. The Energy Services &
Accounting Manager will be the liaison with Energy New England and serve as our representative to the working group.
- It will be the responsibility of the Energy Services & Accounting Manager to initiate, monitor and resolve any and all legal disputes which are needed to protect the integrity of the BELD power supply, including transmission issues, or disputes arising from NEPOOL or the ISO.
- The Energy Services & Accounting Manager will be responsible to ensure that all tie line metering is adequate and correct. That all information from SCADA and the Potter generating facility is timely, adequate and correct.
- The Energy Services & Accounting Manager will provide the necessary data to the General Manager to ensure that the customer rates are based on cost of service. The Energy Services & Accounting Manager will be responsible for preparing and submitting a budget for this section each year.
- The Energy Services & Accounting Manager will be responsible for signing the weekly payables warrant and any purchase orders up to $100,000.
- The Energy Services & Accounting Manager will be responsible for the timely completion of the annual financial audit.
BASIC KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance emphasizing quantitative analysis. A Master’s Degree is preferred. Must have a least five (5) years experience in the electric power industry of which three (3) years experience is directly related to electric supply and demand side planning.
Current experience with enterprise wide financial software systems a plus.
Must have a working knowledge of forecasting methods and software, long-term power supply market in New England, demand side planning, NEPOOL and electric rate design.
Must be articulate, able to prepare and present recommendations to the General Manager and the BELD Commissioners and effectively interact with the public, industrial customers, informed laymen and equivalent professionals.