- Experience in climbing utility poles.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in electric utility construction and maintenance with a utility company or power line contractor including work utilizing rubber gloves from vehicle buckets with energized conductors of 13,800 volts primary and 120, 240, 208, 277 and 480 volts secondary.
- Valid Massachusetts Commercial Drivers’ License.
- Valid Massachusetts 1B Hoisting License
- Ability to handle bucket and digger vehicles.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess physical strength, flexibility and maneuverability and mental characteristics sufficient to perform the duties of the position. To perform strenuous work under emergency and all-weather conditions.
Under the direction of the Crew Leader the First-Class Lineman is responsible for all aspects of high voltage distribution utility line work, both overhead and underground. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Construction and maintenance of overhead and underground electric facilities, including working on energized conductors from poles and vehicle buckets using rubber gloves, location and repairing faults.
- Ability to operate Department’s equipment.
- Be familiar with various types of service connections and meter connections as they apply to the work.
- Perform all types of switching on distribution and transmission circuits as required.
- Responsible for truck stock and additional material required to perform work.
- Applicant will be expected to work overtime in accordance with Department requirements.
- Live within service territory.
- Participation in all safety training programs and exercises.
- Pre-employment drug / alcohol screening required.
- Any other duties as assigned.