Holden Municipal Light Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Operations and Engineering
The HMLD Director of Operations and Engineering oversees the HMLD Operations Division, Forestry Division, Engineering Division, and Substations and Utility Technology functions. The Director is a member of the Senior Management Team and reports directly to the General Manager. The primary role of this positions to actively manage and supervise the electric operations and functions of the electric division to ensure ratepayers with low cost, safe and reliable electricity. This position is also responsible for the operation and engineering of the Department regarding project engineering, construction, safety, supervisory on-call, scheduling, field switching and testing, as well as direct supervision of operations personnel, engineering and utility technology personnel. In accordance with the General Manager’s guidance and priorities, collaboration with the Director of Finance and Administration (“DFA”) in areas of financial management, annual and capital budget, industry reporting, personnel evaluations, long and short-term contracts, and policy implementation, emergency and strategic planning is required.
- Thorough knowledge of electric system distribution/transmission systems and on-going knowledge of safety rules and regulations.
- Be capable to safely perform switching in a 15kV system
- Must be able to properly use personal safety equipment necessary for the operation of a high voltage distribution system (rubber gloves, hardhat, safety glasses, etc.).
- Has significant knowledge of Electrical Distribution Systems, Generation, and Substations.
- Possess a Valid D Operator license. Any special licenses are assets (e.g. hydraulic, backhoe, commercial class B, etc.).
- Ability to exercise leadership and initiative on a regular basis.
- Must have experience with the supervision of a union and non-union bargaining unit workforce
- Meet the general physical demands of the position and participate in a yearly OSHA Safety Program.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree in engineering or related field and/or a minimum of ten (10) years full time experience working in the electric utility industry in an operations capacity with a progression in management experience supervising both union and non-union bargaining unit employees.
- Experience in managing operations/projects in utility industry.
- Must possess demonstrated skills with computer hardware systems and various engineering software programs
- Experience in Electrical Engineering
Holden Municipal Light Department Light (HMLD) is a municipal owned electric distribution utility that is able to provide its customers with some of the most economical rates in the region without sacrificing its long standing commitment of outstanding customer focused service and attention to detail.
APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE: OFFICE OF TOWN MANAGER, 1204 MAIN STREET, HOLDEN, MA 01520
SEND RESUMES, COVER LETTERS AND APPLICATION TO:
OFFICE OF TOWN MANAGER, 1204 MAIN STREET, HOLDEN, MA 01520
Or via email at email@example.com.
Please visit https://www.holdenma.gov/employment-opportunities for more information and a detailed job description.