The Rowley Municipal Lighting Plant is accepting applications for a full-time Billing Clerk Monday- Friday 8:00 – 4:30pm. Under the general supervision of the RMLP Office Manager, performs full range of administrative, clerical and technical tasks related to customer accounts, collection of bills, customer relations, and payment entries for electric customers.
- Accurately maintain all computer records regarding the RMLP customer’s billing, consumption, rate analysis, payment posting, and new account entries.
- Prepare and process the monthly invoices in a timely and accurate manner; perform other account maintenance and web-based billing and accounting functions.
- Respond to a variety of customer inquiries, requests, and complaints related to electric accounts. Communicate with customers via telephone, in person or email regarding RMLP policies and procedures; handle and resolve (or refer to the Office Manager if necessary) conflicts and difficult customer service requests; promptly research customer questions or concerns regarding bills; processes invoices for electric; performs other account maintenance and web-based billing and accounting duties.
- Prepare and process billing for telecommunications companies maintaining attachments on RMLP’s poles. Responsible for updating NJUNS double pole database.
- Provide support to Office Staff and other Department Staff as needed including telephone answering, special project tasks, and willingness to assist during outages and other emergency situations such as storm events, including the occasional possibility of needing to be in the office outside of normal business hours.
A full job description is available upon request.
- Associates degree preferred. High School diploma or GED required. At least 5 years of working with customer service and municipal utility billing or equivalent training and graduated experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including MS Word and Excel, various office equipment, multi-line phone system.
- Detail-oriented candidate must be organized, and able to multitask while maintaining a pleasant and professional demeanor both on the phone and when interacting with customers, co-workers, regulators, town officials and the public.
- Capability of working in an environment of frequent interruptions and noise.
- Willingness to learn and understand new systems (billing software, etc.) as technology changes over time.
- Must be positive, energetic, personable, excellent communicator, self-disciplined, and possess a strong ethical foundation.
Resumes will be accepted until August 11th, 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 47 Summer Street, Rowley, MA