Stowe Electric Department - Stowe, Vermont
In anticipation of the current GM's retirement this fall, we seek candidates with demonstrated leadership, proven skills for running an efficient and high-performing department, and dedication to customer and employee satisfaction, to serve as the General Manager of Stowe Electric Department (SED). Reporting to a three-member commission, the GM serves as the public executive leading the electric distribution utility serving most of the Town of Stowe, Vermont.
Experience in utilities is not required, and any combination of experience, skills, and knowledge that ensures acceptable job performance will be considered. Industry experience and knowledge preferred.
Target start date of mid-October 2022.
Hiring range starting at $150,000.00
Competitive benefits including health, dental, life, short- and long-term disability, retirement plan with generous contribution, holidays and PTO.
- Ensuring reliable delivery of service, economy and efficiency of operations, safety of customers and staff, and compliance with all regulations
- Advocating on behalf of SED to consistently promote the interests of the organization and its customers.
- Ensuring and maintaining the financial integrity of SED and defining its strategic direction in collaboration with Commissioners
- Fostering a work environment that attracts, engages, and retains well-qualified staff
- Acting as the face of SED in connection with the Stowe community
Successful Candidates will Possess
- Strong management and leadership skills for running an efficient and high- performing organization
- A passion for excellent customer service and operations
- A desire to lead and support a small, skilled team serving the public good
- An interest in helping find and deliver the most cost-effective means to providing reliable, decarbonized energy generation sources, and helping residents and visitors to minimize their carbon footprint
About Stowe Electric Department
Based out of office and garage facilities built in 2018, and with an annual budget of roughly $12 million, SED’s staff of eighteen employees serves 4,500 customers. SED is committed to supplying its customers with clean, reliable energy at an affordable price, and outstanding customer service and support. SED is undertaking improvements to a critical substation, completing a micro-grid feasibility study, and exploring the restoration of Smith Falls hydroelectric plant. Other advancements in consumer energy technology have included construction of a 1MW PV generation plant, installation of electric vehicle charging stations, and implementation of automated meter data collection throughout its service territory.
Apply here: https://jobs.crelate.com/portal/bethgilpinconsulting/job/n7o6bwmghukuay448wh4hmpdsy