Integrated Resources Engineer I will act as the point of contact for commercial, industrial and municipal customers pertaining to, but not limited to billing, rates, metering, power quality, renewable technologies, demand and energy programs and services. This position will focus on integrated energy solutions that address the capability, capacity and optimization of the electric system with a goal of targeting the reduction of customer peak demand and lowering customer costs through offerings such as energy efficiency recommendations/rebates, demand response, behind the meter generation/storage which could include renewable energy and/or traditional fossil fuel for all class customers. In addition, this position will focus on economic development for the attraction and retention of new/existing commercial/industrial customers to RMLD service territory and perform technical and financial analysis on the benefits of implementing new technologies and procedures. Establishes and maintains confidentiality at all times.
Illustrative Work Activities:
Essential work activities, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Promotes appropriate and applicable programs/services to commercial customers to meet demand and energy reduction goals that benefit the customer as well as supports the optimization of the electric system and power supply portfolio.
- Assists in developing and executing strategies that create “win-win” situations that will achieve RMLD’s reliability and financial goals while providing attractive, cost-effective customer outcomes that will encourage broad based customer adoption of programs/services.
- Works directly with commercial customers to develop work plans to achieve efficiency goals using a comprehensive understanding of commercial building components such as lighting, HVAC, heating, pumping systems, etc.
- Works with energy models such as DOE II.
- Performs various economic analysis, including cost benefit.
- Develops, evaluates and updates as required, current residential rebate programs essential to optimizing the efficiency of the program.
- Assists in the training of Customer Service or other RMLD employees, Boards, etc. on the program, as requested.
- Ensures ISO-New England rule compliance relating to job duties.
- Assists in the design, development, and implementation of business retention, expansion, and targeted outreach programs. Participates in long range planning and recommend economic development goals and programs.
- Evaluates programs through data collection and analysis; reports on the evaluation including cost-benefit of programs.
- Assists in exploring and recommending demand response programs to support energy savings efforts.
- Develops and maintains database for commercial customers including detailed customer profiles.
- Provides RMLD management with market and customer input to support the development and implementation of long-term strategic business plans for meeting RMLD’s reliability and financial goals.
- Ability to multi-task and lead cross-functional project teams and performs project management functions.
- Assists in the performance of commercial audits to integrate efficiency measures for both the customer and the electric system. Generates auditing report including prioritization, funding schedules, etc.
- Maintains applicable knowledge of electrical distribution system overall functional capabilities and integrated smart technology. Initiates dialogue on system reliability upgrades that could or would directly impact system energy efficiency measures.
- On an ongoing basis, seeks out grants, tax incentives, rebates availability and assess financial programs to support the funding of the recommended energy related measures.
- Assists Director of IR with utility accounting annual budget. Provide reports and presentations.
- Represents RMLD in electric industry and trade organizations to increase customer or industry related knowledge and promote positive business relationship.