This Systems Engineer (Specialist) will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the network design, engineering, and implementation of XGSPON, GPON, and other networks as they evolve.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Coordinate technology solutions and network activities with other departments and vendors, providing support as needed.
- Provide in-field assistance and technical/special services to customers in the activities associated with computer networks, software applications, and hardware acquisition support and use.
- Collect data and prepare a preliminary analysis of reports pertaining to the utility’s network and related support functions.
- Analyze system practices and recommend techniques, security, programs, equipment, and procedures changes.
- Install, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot virtual infrastructures, servers (physical and virtual), firewalls, workstations, routers/switches, software/applications, and other computer and systems-related equipment.
- Develop and maintain detailed records on operating, repairing, and maintaining computers, networks, and software applications.
- Analyze computer and telecommunications systems software needs and recommend courses of action and improvements.
- Assist in developing system disaster recovery plans and archiving, backup, and restoration procedures.
- Work with customers on the phone and in the field to provide technical support.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in a Computer Technology related field is required.
- Experience with modern Microsoft Server, Office 365, Virtualization technologies, and Cisco network equipment are preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of network support experience is required
- The successful candidate will also be required to carry a cell phone 24 hours per day, seven days per week, and participate in on-call rotation.
- Valid Driver’s License
Salary range $100,000 +, commensurate with experience
Please forward resumes and cover letters, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
For further information please visit: https://www.tmlp.com/contact/job-listings/