WG+E is accepting applications for the position of Junior Utility Engineer.
A qualified applicant would be one who is an energetic, active and self-motivated individual who enjoys being part of a high performing team and enjoys the sense of pride from responding to the needs of a tight-knit community. We are looking for an individual who seeks to make a positive change and improve the overall functions of his/her work area through efficiencies and reduction of waste.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Assists with creating plans, orders, layouts, and cost estimates for all additions and changes to the distribution systems.
· Assists with reviewing the requirements for service with customers and prepares internal memoranda outlining the customer’s agreement of project scope; determines most economic method of completing the work.
· Assist with preparing complete job orders for all operational work from beginning to end, including proposals, estimates, quotes, work orders, material requisitions, balance project invoicing, and reporting.
· Checks service installations for conformance with company, municipal, state and federal requirements.
· Assists with performing technical calculations as required for load balancing, proper equipment sizing, adequate plant construction, etc., in conformance with company standards.
· Prepares field notes and makes inspections as necessary; makes sketches, drawings, maps, and prepares various forms and records relative to the work, both handwritten and computer generated.
· Assists with investigation of customer complaints and recommends corrective measures.
· Assists with preparing necessary permits for work to be performed as required for the department. (City/State roadway permits, conservation notice of intent, etc.).
· Assists other personnel with system analyses, engineering studies, and development of operational programs as assigned, utilizing department programs and software.
· Assists with performing other technical and related clerical duties as assigned
Qualifications must include:
· Ability to compile and record computer-based data associated with distribution records.
· Demonstrated experience of Microsoft Office products.
· Demonstrated experience of database systems.
· Demonstrated experience of ArcGIS and AutoCAD.
· Demonstrated experience in utility engineering analysis software.
· Associate’s Degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical engineering, or ability to obtain within one year, or combination of schooling, technical training, and/or equivalent job experience.
· Ability to communicate effectively with customers, both internal and external.
· Must successfully pass a Criminal Background Check, pre-employment drug screening and have a valid driver’s license.
An attractive wage and benefits package is associated with this position. Relocation services are not provided.
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an application found online at www.wgeld.org under “About WG+E” and attach any additional documents by Wednesday, January 26, 2022.