Installs, maintains and repairs power lines carrying primary high voltages; performs related duties as required.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in the installation of primary high voltage power lines and auxiliary
- Knowledge of the tools and equipment used in the installation and maintenance of primary high voltage
- Ability to climb
- Ability to use adequate safety measures, devices, and precautions while working with high voltage electrical
- Ability to understand and follow
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with
- Strings cable from pole to pole or to building with assistance of ground crew.
- Instructs and assists ground helpers in erecting poles in holes.
- Climbs pole and attaches cross arms to pole; nails, screws, or bolts insulators, lightning arresters, transformers, and other auxiliary equipment to pole structure or building.
- Installs and maintains underground power lines by pulling wire, installing transformers and preparing them for operation, making stress cones, installing racks, and hooking up underground wiring for street lights.
- Installs and sets electric meters; installs new wire from house to line; replaces burned out meters, service wires, and/or meter block fuses.
- Installs and maintains fire alarm and traffic signal systems and street lights, as required.
- Splices and solders cable for connections, as required.
- Recommends purchase of new equipment, as required.
One years of satisfactory experience installing and/or maintaining power lines and/or poles;