Formed in 1902, HG&E is a municipally owned utility that provides electricity, natural gas, and fiber optic internet services to over 18,000 customers. Our mission to our customers is simple: “HG&E will provide competitive rates, innovative and sustainable energy solutions, reliable service, and excellent customer care.” We are currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill this vacancy.
Perform skilled manual and electrical work in all phases of underground and overhead in the erection, installation, repair and maintenance of primary and secondary electric lines for light, heat, and power including poles, manholes, cables, and auxiliary equipment. Respond to emergency calls and scheduled overtime work in order to maintain customer service and protect the public as required. Assume assignments to Troubleshooter duties as required. Perform other related work as required.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
• Completion of 4 year Lineman Apprenticeship program.
• Completed certified Line worker Program from an accredited institution.
• Able to climb poles/ladders, work in confined spaces, lift/transport up to 50 pounds, and work on elevated surfaces (i.e., aerial device, staging) for extended periods of time.
• Ability to read and update orders, blueprints and diagrams necessary to carry out tasks.
• Able to comply with Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Substance and Alcohol Testing Policy and Program.
• Able to work Troubleshooter rotation shift.
• Able to work required overtime as needed.
• Able to respond to emergency calls within 20 minutes.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Valid Massachusetts Class B CDL and able to pass CDL A and hoisting and rigging tests within 6 months.
• Ability to work alone and/or in a team environment with excellent troubleshooting skills.
PREFERRED ENTRANCE QUALIFICATIONS (In addition to above)
• Utility rated lineman experience
• Successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and criminal background check. Position is subject to random drug tests. Starting pay is according to the Guild (Union) Contract. Posting closes on October 15th, 2021.
Send all materials to:
Holyoke Gas & Electric Department
Geisha I. Uroza
Holyoke Gas and Electric Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V. Working safely is a condition of employment at HG&E.
No Phone Calls or Agencies please.
HOLYOKE GAS AND ELECTRIC DEPARTMENT
99 Suffolk Street
Holyoke, MA 01040