The Hudson Light and Power Department (HLPD), located in Hudson Massachusetts, is seeking to fill a Lineman Apprentice position at its Forest Avenue facility. The Lineman Apprentice will assist the Department in constructing and maintaining the electric distribution and transmission systems.
The ideal candidate must be able to work outside under direct supervision, follow given instructions and work to attain experience in the trade; and
• Minimum two (2) years' experience in electrical utility construction and maintenance with a utility or power line contractor.
• Possession of a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License and Class 1 B Hoisting Licenses with Medical Card.
• Considerable knowledge of utility construction techniques and of the methods; materials and tools used in electrical construction and maintenance work.
• Considerable knowledge of the principles of electrical theory as applied to electrical circuits and wiring system and ability to apply this knowledge to work situations.
• Ability to operate company equipment and vehicles.
• Perform varied groundwork and line work duties.
• Be available for emergency calls during non-working hours.
• Be able to render first aid treatment.
• Have strong telephone, communication and organizational skills.
• Be willing to relocate within seven miles of our facility within 6 months.
• Be able to perform physical work in all weather and at heights.
The ideal candidate will also have:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Attended & completed lineman school
Hudson Light and Power offers an excellent benefits package. Employment applications are available
at www.hudsonlight.com and are due by June 30, 2021. Interested candidates should send completed applications and resumes to Hudson Light and Power Department, 49 Forest Avenue, Hudson MA 01749.
The Hudson Light and Power Department does not discriminate on the basis of political or religious affiliation, race, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, HIV positive status, or genetic information.