The Manager of Education & Marketing is responsible for performing a broad range of planning and developing functions for the Association including overseeing website, communications, education and assisting with event coordination. The manager reports directly to the Director of Marketing, Communications and Events and works with other staff members as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides managerial and on-site support for education, events and activities, and participates in other special project Answers and efficiently responds to all incoming phone calls and emails related to programs and services.
- Provides technical support and assistance for hybrid/remote events and training as necessary.
- Manage and keep all website/ AMS System information accurate and up to date.
- Implementing marketing and communication plans to increase visibility and awareness of the organization, its advocacy and member engagement.
- Assists and maintains Association’s member database, including data entry and production of a wide range of standard and customized Updates the website as needed with relevant dates and events.
- Engage current and prospective members using email, phone, and social media.
- Assists in shaping all aspects of the Associations Annual Conference, RodE&O Conference & Expo, and Energy Connect Conference Subcommittee.
- Support, help organize and manage the logistics of annual meetings and conferences, including the Membership Meeting, RodE&O, Energy Connect Conferences and Graduation events.
- Coordinates the events content calendar, monitoring social media trends and analyzes conference data and participation.
- Participate in developing, tracking and control of the marketing budget as a component of the annual operating budget in coordination with the Director of Marketing, Communication and Events and the Director of Administration and Finance.
- Assists members with marketing opportunities via website.
- Assists in the creation and distribution of marketing collateral for education and event promotion.
- Represent NEPPA at conferences and other meetings as directed.
- Completes overall project timeline, event workbook and communication plan. Facilitates prompt and accurate handling of all details. Coordinates and attends site inspections. Independent interface with client contact.
- Assists with meetings of conference oversight and planning, annual conference, rode&o, energy connect conference committees as directed, including sending meeting notifications and agendas and taking minutes.
- Coordinates with related staff, fostering a positive and motivating work environment that focuses on accountability.
- Oversees upkeep of all event equipment including conference printer, audio visual support, and all related supplies including ordering necessary supplies for events, initiating repair calls, and maintaining records of activities and duties performed.
- Supports other Association functions, including scheduling, attendee notification, preparation of materials, record-keeping, and associated tasks and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of Manager-level experience in a membership organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative solutions to business problems.
- Strong organizational abilities and superior attention to details.
- Ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner.
- Commitment to service-oriented excellence.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications ability.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage a high-volume workflow.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Normal office environment, not subject to extreme variations of temperature, noise, odors, etc.
- Regularly uses computer keyboards requiring eye-hand coordination and finer dexterity. During events and conferences maybe required to load, unload and set up.
- Requires periodic overnight travel to participate in association meetings and conferences.
- More than half of time spent in normal office setting.
- May need to conform to member work environments, within OSHA, NEPPA and APPA acceptable safety rules.
- Lifting related to event support also required.