About The Company:
With superior reliability, Taunton Municipal Lighting Plant has been in business for 125 years providing electricity to local communities. Governed by a three-member Board of Commissioners led by the citizens of Taunton, this company serves 38,000 customers in Taunton, Berkley, Raynham, and sections of Dighton, Lakeville, and Bridgewater.
This Network Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain and Operate Fiber Optic Networks.
- Fiber installations, splicing, and testing of fiber optic cable.
- Operate and maintain the network, including switches, routers, VOIP, firewalls, cabling systems, and network management equipment.
- Install, maintain and operate voice, data, and video network infrastructure.
- Monitor and support the performance of network components and service providers.
- Coordinate and plan fiber emergency restoration activities.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the infrastructure fully integrates with mapping and management systems.
- Coordinate and install Internet services for municipal, commercial, and residential sites.
- Create and maintain detailed records on operating, repairing, and maintaining servers, networks, and software applications.
- Coordinate with vendor(s) for hardware and software maintenance upgrades.
- Provide day-to-day network support, including but not limited to appointment scheduling and equipment provisioning.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support with on-call rotation.
- Work with customers on the phone and in the field to provide technical support.
- Associate’s degree in a Computer Technology related field is required.
- Technical experience with network technology such as fiber optics, wireless transmission systems, and twisted pair copper cable systems.
- A minimum of 3 years of network support experience is required
- The successful candidate will also be required to carry a cell phone 24 hours per day, seven days per week, and participate in an on-call 24-hour and 7 days per week rotation.
- Valid Driver’s License
Please forward resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
- Network Engineering
- Fiber Optics
- Cisco Switches and Routers