Position: OFFICE MANAGER
MERRIMAC LIGHT DEPARTMENT FULL TIME POSITION
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage all customer Service billing, and accounting functions
- Process Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, payroll, project billing, inventory maintenance, customer billing, work order tracking, collections, payment recording
- Process payroll and warrants and strive for accuracy and clarity
- Process invoices, post daily deposits, and keep customer account records up-to-date
- Perform data analysis, and provided financial recommendations, project administration, policy development, public relations, and social media management
- Prepare Monthly, quarterly financial reports and perform year end closing functions
- Prepare Monthly income statements and balance sheets
- Work with auditors to ensure the Department is up to date with audit requirements
- Manage monthly operating budget
- Assist the General Manager with the preparation of the annual budget
- Proficiently navigate MMLD’s billing and accounting system and perform web-based duties
- Regularly utilize Adobe Acrobat Pro, Excel, Google Sheets, and other industry specific programs
- Communicate effectively with customers regarding department policies and services.
- Answer phones, assist customers and resolve customers concerns, inquiries, complaints regarding service, billing and other relevant topics
- Assist the public, department staff, other town departments, vendors, banks, and agencies by processing bills, providing information, and preparing reports
- Manage multiple phone lines, process applications for new service connections, arrange for service connections, disconnections or transfer of service as required
- Work with team members in training, personal growth, and development planning and Provide training and guidance to others office staff, including the clerk, and any other temporary or part-time helper working in the office
- Represent MMLD in a professional manner and contribute to a team-oriented employee atmosphere
- Perform other financial, administrative and customer service tasks as required, directed or as situation dictates
- Other duties as assigned
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALFICIATIONS:
Education, Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration with direct experience in accounting or auditing; supervisory experience preferred, and prior municipal experience is a plus; experience in customer service and computerized billing applications in the utility environment is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILL:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and tactfully with others, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to adapt to change and shifting priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines by prioritizing tasks and flexible work schedule
- Strong customer service and ability to work independently as well as team setting.
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Highest level of confidentiality and discretion and professional demeanor
- Ability to prioritize, attention to detail and capacity to effectively multitask.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft excel as well as ability to learn current software such as GIS, SOS, and Adobe pro.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment, not subject to extremes in temperature, noise, etc.
- May spend extended periods of time at the computer terminal, at desk, or on the telephone and operating other office equipment requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
- Occasional lifting, standing, bending, and carrying of files, documents, and records.
Supervision Scope: Functions are generally well defined and limited in scope but may involve some judgment and initiative in determining method of completion.
Supervision Received: Works under the general supervision of the General Manager referring all questionable cases and problems to the supervisor.
Supervision Given: None
SPECIFICS REGARDING THE POSITION
The regular hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm. This is a 40 hours per week union position. Hourly wage is commensurate with experience. This position is subject to a collective bargaining agreement
TO APPLY :
Please contact Mary Usovicz, General Manager to request a job application via email at firstname.lastname@example.org