The Town of Stowe Electric Department (SED) has been providing the community of Stowe with reliable electric service since 1911. We are seeking a Foreperson with tree trimming/vegetation management experience to join our team.
General Summary of The Position:
SED Tree Trimmers work as part of a crew and are responsible for ensuring the safe removal of trees and brush near and around high voltage power lines and to maintain SED’s ROWs. These responsibilities are vital to our ability to provide safe and reliable electricity in an efficient manner.
What you should have:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A Class A or B Vermont CDL with bucket experience.
- Ability to provide clear and effective leadership, technical advice and guidance to the tree trimming crew.
- In-depth knowledge of safe work practices and the ability to ensure that the other crew members understand and follow proper safety regulations and equipment operation.
- Proficient with proper pruning techniques and capable of giving tree risk assessments.
- Required to understand basic and advanced rigging techniques and has the ability to train others in said techniques.
- Should have six (6) years of experience where the primary function of the position was tree work such as trimming, chipping and removal of trees, including or supplemented by six (6) months of supervisory experience.
- Should be currently certified or the ability to be certified in, flagging, CPR/AED, arborist, utility specialist, climber specialist, aerial lift specialist, master arborist and tree care safety professional.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, customers, and other personnel.
This is a IBEW Local 300 bargaining position. SED provides allowances for clothing, boots, and winter clothing. In addition, we offer an outstanding benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, 401(a), holidays and training opportunities. There are also generous Paid-Time-Off benefits. New employees will receive a minimum of 6 weeks Paid-Time Off after only 1 year.
WAGES: $35 - $40/hour depending on experience.
More detailed job descriptions can be found on our website at www.StoweElectric.com.
Stowe Electric Department is an Equal Opportunity employer and highly encourages women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply. If you have any questions on the available benefits, please call 802-253-1704 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position will remain open until filled – Email your resume and 3 references to:
Town of Stowe Electric Department
Attn: Trish Waugh, Business & Customer Care Manager
P.O. Box 190, Stowe, VT 05672
Fax: (802) 253-4555