Rebate Processing Specialist
Energy New England is seeking an eager, highly motivated, Rebate Processing Specialist to join our team. Responsible for processing energy efficiency rebate applications for multiple programs, including handling customer inquiries and assisting preparation of monthly reporting.
- Process rebate applications for multiple programs using a customized CRM system: Heat Pumps, Solar, Weatherization oversight.
- Follow detailed, standard practices and operating procedures to review rebate applications for accuracy and eligibility. Applications can include multiple, complex supporting documents
- Make quick, informed & consistent decisions to determine application eligibility. Eligibility terms vary within programs.
- Manage the rebates email inbox, including sorting, responding and filing correspondence in the appropriate folders
- Manage phone inquiries
- Explain complex program requirements to customers via phone and email
- Provide technical support for all application submission processes.
- Handle documents that contain private information.
- Use template-based emails and customized emails to communicate with applicants
- Support with end-of-month reports for management
- Assist in printing and mailing rebate checks to customers
- Assist the Sustainability Team as needed for additional rebate processing tasks
- Identify and escalate application issues that might require deviation from standard rebate processing procedures
- Assist in updating rebate information across multiple sources: website, auditing software, and procedure matrices
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Extensive work experience in processing/office/clerical work may be substituted for a degree
- One (1) plus year Customer service experience required
- One (1) plus year Clerical/Office Administration experience required
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong ability to handle multiple, complex tasks
- Ability to conceptually understand processes in order to execute them correctly and ask supervisor when in doubt
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that include being able to communicate program terms and conditions either verbally or via email to customers who might be difficult
- Strong explanatory writing skills
- Intermediate Excel skills: ability to sort data, knowledge of various cut/copy/paste functions, ability to maintain integrity of a spreadsheet, i.e. maintaining existing formulas and formats while modifying content
- Consent to a CORI background check
Energy New England (ENE) was founded in 1998 to enhance the competitive position of public power entities in response to deregulation and to attain operating efficiencies in energy risk management and retail account management. We are a municipal light plant cooperative established under Chapter 164, Section 47C of the Massachusetts General Laws. Our ownership is made up of light departments in Braintree, Taunton, Concord, Hingham, and Wellesley, Massachusetts.
ENE is the largest wholesale risk management and energy trading organization serving the needs of municipal utilities in the northeast. We currently manage the power supplies of over twenty municipal electric systems serving more than 1100 MW of electric load and more than 550 MW of generation in all six New England states. We advise on and/or conduct more than one billion kilowatt hours in wholesale power transactions and 100-150 million kilowatt hours in retail transactions annually. We also manage up to 250,000 therms of natural gas per day within our customers’ portfolios, as well as up to 5,000 barrels per day of fuel oil.
ENE works with numerous businesses, residents and utilities to help promote the principles of conservation, efficiency, and environmental stewardship, and advances the many benefits available through integrated sustainability planning. The ENE service portfolio encompasses the 4 C’s of sustainability: Conservation, Carbon Mitigation, Commodity Services, and Clean Technologies.
For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to Careers@ene.org
We offer a competitive salary, great employee benefits, a generous time off package, and a great work environment Energy New England complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.