The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) brings a competitive edge to Massachusetts municipal utilities dedicated to providing their customers with low-cost and reliable electricity. We plan, develop and manage energy resources in an evolving marketplace that requires high levels of innovation and expertise.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager of Regulatory Services. This individual would be responsible for monitoring and participating in activities related to the ISO administered markets, transmission planning, reliability planning, ISO initiated studies, and interconnection requests that impact MMWEC assets and/or members. This includes analyzing and reporting on prospective changes and developing MMWEC’s position on such changes with input from senior management.
This position also involves representing MMWEC and its member systems on various regulatory and market related committees, identifying issues and problems in the administration of the ISO NE and other markets, recommending solutions and as necessary coordinates advising senior management regarding legal activities at FERC and managing MMWEC’s FERC legal counsel.
In addition, this individual will have primary responsibility for managing MMWEC’s portion of the Hydro-Quebec Phase I and II Interconnection, to include participation in all Interconnection Management Meetings and administration of transfer agreements. This includes discussions on changes to contract language, capital expenditures and maximizing revenue opportunities. Incumbent also manages MMWEC’s New York Power Authority (NYPA) hydro-electric contracts, to include extension of the existing agreements.
- Serve as the MMWEC and Member systems representative on the NEPOOL Markets Committee, Transmission Committee, Planning Advisory Committee, and associated working groups as assigned.
- Work with public power representatives to, when practical, forge common positions as NEPOOL, and when not possible ensure that MMWEC positions are presented to the ISO Boarding, ISO staff, and state regulators.
- Provide technical assistance on FERC and other regulatory-related litigation.
- Manage MMWEC share of Hydro-Quebec Phase I and II Interconnection.
- Manage NYPA Hydro-electric contracts.
- Provide MMWEC senior management and staff with timely information on NEPOOL, ISO-NE and FERC related developments.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5 to 10 years of job related experience
- Must have experience in the energy industry
- Experience with computers and software programs
- Must have a working knowledge of the electric utility industry and be knowledgeable about electrical generation and transmission facilities
- This position operates in a professional office environment.
- Local travel required to meetings – approximately five work days a month.
MMWEC offers a competitive salary and benefits package including robust medical and dental benefits with low employee cost, a savings retirement plan with a 6% company contribution and up to an additional 3% company match, earned vacation time, sick time, and 11 paid holidays. Our company prides itself in creating an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive.
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical disability, and political belief or affiliation.