Job Type: Full Time, 40.00 Hours
Schedule: Monday- Friday, 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM
Position: Clerical Union
Wage: $26.39/ HR
The Senior Accountant will work under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor. The Senior Accountant is responsible for all aspects of Accounting Processes and Reporting. The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for Payroll and related reports as well as Inventory: Processing Payroll reviewing time sheets and computing overtime payments. Assist in the review of inventory reports with other departments to ensure their accuracy. A/R work orders and billing, if necessary, for construction projects and reporting. Works closely with the Accounting Supervisor and Human Resources Supervisor on all aspects relating to accounting processes and reporting. Duties also include dealings with vendors, internal departments, Town Treasurer’s Office.
Senior Accountant Duties:
- Process weekly payroll transactions and subsequent input to the General Ledger- Payroll, including all other miscellaneous duties as they arise.
- Calculate and maintains benefit hours, salary & hourly pay rate changes, reporting weekly to the Town’s Treasurer.
- Billing and collections of all miscellaneous receipts for construction work orders, insurance invoices or other projects, including subsequent reconciliations to the General Ledger system
- Financial Reporting through the billing system or other account reconciliation for Month End, Quarterly and Year End
- Create Reports for various Meter, State Usage, Streetlight, and Billing Reports, etc.
- Answers all payroll and miscellaneous account receivable inquiries and subsequent follow up, including budget and General Ledger account distribution accuracy.
- Investigate Physical Inventory adjustments regarding changes in pricing or quantity to ensure that corresponding G/L accounts are appropriately distributed.
- Vehicle Fleet additions, retirements, organizing Titles and review of drivers list for insurance purposes.
- Yearly customer commercial sales tax exemptions maintenance.
- Process and research customer’s liens on occasion.
- Perform duties in CSR when needed.
- A/P assistance when needed.
- Other reporting duties as required.
- Associates degree in Accounting and two-four years of related experience
- Duties require knowledge of general accounting principles, bookkeeping, accounts payable/receivable, and payroll.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Keen organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Prior computerized accounting system experience required
- Strong knowledge of Accounting procedures and reporting, Excel®, Word
- Prior knowledge of computerized report writers, preferred
All interested applicants must apply in writing to Laura Robbins, Human Resources Supervisor, 32 South Main Street, Middleborough, Massachusetts 02346 or HR@mged.com
Applications are available at ww.mged.com/employment
MGED is an Equal Opportunity Employer