SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - TRANSMISSION & DISTRIBUTION
About The Company:
With superior reliability, Taunton Municipal Lighting Plant has been in business for 125 years providing electricity to local communities. Governed by a three-member Board of Commissioners led by the citizens of Taunton, this company serves 38,000 customers in Taunton, Berkley, Raynham, and sections of Dighton, Lakeville, and Bridgewater.
This Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Provide engineering and technical expertise related to the planning, design, construction and operation and maintenance of an electric distribution system.
- Plan and design the construction and re-building of underground and overhead electric facilities and control systems.
- Develop and prepare specifications for the construction and maintenance of system facilities and substations.
- Review and evaluate products and equipment for use in the electric distribution system.
- Supervise construction of new facilities.
- Develop procedures for the construction, operation and maintenance of the system and system equipment.
- Develop both department and project budgets and schedules.
- Assist in the development of a one year construction work plan and the development of a long range work plan.
- Coordinate and direct the outside services consulting, engineering, architects and contractors.
- Assist the preparation and upkeep of department system maps and schematics with an ACAD system. System maps are one-line, 3-line diagrams, underground validations, splicing sheets and GIS correlation.
- Assist in maintaining SCADA and distribution automation equipment.
- Develop, maintain and program GIS mapping in ESRI platform.
- Assist transmission and distribution personnel during emergencies, including but not limited to crew supervision.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance in customer service, transmission and distribution, metering, building services, generation, substation, energy services and planning, special projects, management information systems, develop construction standards for the department, investigate customer complaints and provide recommendations and provide technical advice to the customer.
- Graduated from a 4-year baccalaureate program with a B.S. in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in electric utility transmission and distribution system construction, operation and maintenance with demonstrated supervisory and technical skills is preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD required.
- Substation, SCADA and distribution automation experience preferred.
- Substation construction and knowledge experience required.
- SCADA and distribution automation experience is preferred.
- ESRI Arc Map or Arc Pro experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NESC and NEC is preferred.
- The successful candidate will also be required to carry a cell phone 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
- Valid Driver’s License
Please forward resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
- Electrical Engineering
- Auto CAD