The Village of Morrisville Water & Light Department (MWL) is a small, rural, not-for-profit municipal utility providing reliable water and sewer services to Morrisville and electric service to Morristown and five surrounding Towns.
MWL is seeking an individual to fill a new position in its Electric Operations group. The Superintendent of Electrical Operations position will supervise, manage and participate with all MWL electrical personnel. This individual will be charged with overseeing the maintenance and improvement of nearly 213 miles of distribution/transmission lines and will work closely with all operation personnel to provide safe, affordable and reliable electric service to over 4,000 customers.
We are searching for a progressive thinking individual with the desire for the potential to grow and expand the Superintendent of Electrical Operations position. This is a vital position within the department and will be a key pivotal role in the evolution process. We are looking for an exceptional individual that has prior utility experience and/or electrical engineering knowledge and the ability to roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running.
- Strong Managerial or leadership experience.
- Ability to manage, motivate, and mentor a cohesive team of skilled line maintainers.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Advanced computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- An understanding of how to navigate political processes and interact with customers, regulators and State Officials.
Minimum Education & Experience required:
- 5 years’ experience in an electric utility and/or electrical engineering. Degree preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in operations management or in a position of leadership
- Project Management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of construction standards in electrical distribution desirable
- Experience with operating procedures, OSHA safety regulations and bargaining agreements
- MWL offers competitive wages and a superior benefit package which includes health, dental and life insurance, short term disability and an exceptional pension.
For a complete job description and more information on MWL, visit https://www.mwlvt.com/job-openings
Morrisville Water & Light is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested parties should forward a cover letter, resume and three references to Penny Jones, General Manager @ email@example.com