Sustainability Program Manager/Accounting Clerk
The Middleton Electric Light Department is seeking a self-motivated, ambitious individual who can work independently while also being an integral member of a highly successful management team. This position will provide leadership within the department and report to the General Manager. The role of the Sustainability Program Manager/Accounting Clerk is to manage and monitor ongoing initiatives that align with MELD’s environmental goals and strategies. The Sustainability Program Manager/Accouning Clerk will help shape the department’s sustainability vision and develop a detailed roadmap to 2050. The position will also require insights into emerging, technical, operational, and financial mechanisms that are being used to advance sustainability in Public Power utilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
The following is intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
- Manage and monitor ongoing sustainability programs across the following focus areas: climate, engagement, responsible procurement, clean power supply, and conservation.
- Identify, review and vet new sustainability projects, and assist in the implementation of selected initiatives, assess the cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and environmental impact of various scenarios to assist in decision making.
- Collect, validate, and analyze data to measure effectiveness and cost savings of these sustainability programs and generate financial reports. Develop metrics with data for evaluating initiatives. These metrics will be used to assess new initiatives and gauge the progress and outcomes of those that have been implemented.
- Identify best practices related to sustainable programs and help set targets to ensure the department follows their roadmap to 2050.
- Work to increase awareness of MELD’s sustainability initiatives through the development of information on MELD’s website.
- Identify and track necessary information to adhere to government requirements.
- Act as liaison and ambassador to MELD customers in promoting sustainability and conservation programs.
- Work with Facilities Coordinator and Electrical Engineer to develop accounting procedures to enhance inventory control and procurement functions.
- Write project proposals, grant applications, or other documents to pursue funding.
- Perform all front office functions as needed including customer service and accounting duties.
- Manage and support internal and external reporting requirements including budgets, the annual DPU report and the Energy Information Administration's (EIA) Form-861.
Education: Associate Degree in Business required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 5 -7 years related work experience required in the management of sustainability programs.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- High degree of initiative as well as ability to act as a team player.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- General knowledge and thorough understanding of accounting procedures.
- Ability to analyze data, evaluate outcomes, and recommend actions.
- Strong management skills with an open, constructive, and collaborative approach to working with colleagues.
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to effectively prioritize own work and work of collaborators.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and strategic planning skills; must be processed oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and supervise the work of others who are not direct reports.
- Able to plan and implement successful communication and engagement campaigns.
- Able to effectively manage multiple, high-priority assignments and/or issues simultaneously and meet firm deadlines.
- Able to effectively network with stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
- Competency in MS Office, databases, and accounting software.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact Mike Cloutier at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer