This Systems Engineer (Specialist) will be responsible for:
- Supporting the network design, engineering and implementation of XGSPON, GPON, and other networks as they evolve.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Coordinate information processing and network activities with other departments and vendors, providing support as needed. Provide in field assistance and technical/special services to customers in the activities associated with computer networks, software application and hardware acquisition support and use.
- Collect data and prepare preliminary analysis of reports pertaining to the utility’s network and related support functions. Analyze system practices and recommend changes in techniques, security, programs, equipment and procedures.
- Install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot virtual infrastructures, servers (physical and virtual), firewalls, workstations, routers/switches, software/applications, and other computer systems related equipment.
- Develop and maintain detailed records on the operation, repair, and maintenance of computers, networks and software applications.
- Analyze computer and telecommunications systems software needs and recommend courses of action and improvements. Assist in developing system disaster recovery plans, along with archiving, backup, and restoring procedures.
- Customer phone and field support as required to support the customer.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a Computer Technology related field is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2008/2012, Exchange, Nutanix, and Cisco network equipment is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of network support experience is required
- The successful candidate will also be required to carry a cell phone 24 hours per day, seven days per week and participate on-call rotation.
- Valid Driver’s License
Please forward resumes and cover letters by December 16, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.