Exempt : Yes
Type : Full Time
Department : People and Culture
Location : HQ/Hybrid
Reporting to the VP of People & Culture, the Talent Acquisition Partner at New Hampshire Electric Cooperative (NHEC) will be responsible for performing people-related duties in talent acquisition and data analytics, requiring an extremely perceptive person who can relate to individuals at all levels within the organization. This position carries out responsibilities in the following areas:
- Manages recruitment effort for all hourly and most salary positions to support the workforce planning and staffing by facilitating the hiring of employees that fit the culture, have the needed knowledge/skills, and future competencies.
- Works with supervisors and/or managers to identify staffing needs. Screens applicants, both internally and externally, to match experience with specific job-related requirements and schedule interviews.
- Drives candidate pipeline through leading branding initiative, organizing/attending job fairs and events, and by fostering long-term relationships with potential new talent.
- Ensures all new hires have completed the pre-hire process. (Physical, pre-employment screening, reference checks).
- Maintains the Applicant Tracking System, working with stakeholders to achieve optimal utilization.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Collaborates with the Director of People & Culture to streamline processes and enhance recruitment efforts.
Data Management & Analytics
- Manages the HRIS system for employee onboarding process, managing workflows for smooth processed and accurate dissemination of information.
- Manages the HRIS system job and position criteria working with the VP of People & Culture to ensure position EEO codes, pay grades and compensation is in alignment.
- Maintains and ensures the integrity of data entered into the Human Resource Information System records. Updates employee data as well as compiles reports from the database when needed.
- Maintain People & Culture data analytics (i.e., monthly/yearly attrition rate, new hires, retirements, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in business, Human Resources, or other equivalent field is preferred plus 2 years of talent acquisitions experience or 5 years equivalent experience in lieu of bachelor's degree.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills required to interface with employees and managers.
- SPHR/PHR, SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP, SHRM Talent Acquisition Specialty certification is a plus.
- Labor Relations/Union experience a plus.
- Must have excellent computer skills to include MS Office and HCM database.
- Ability to deliver training and work effectively in teams.
Assistance with restoration efforts is required of all employees. It may be required during regular business hours that employees will be assigned functions to support restoration and for some employees that may be different from their normal duties. In addition, such assistance may require working nights, weekends and holidays which may involve considerable extra hours. To meet these working conditions, all employees are required to provide a personal phone number where they may be reached after hours. This number will only be used for internal purposes.
This position has the potential for hybrid work.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position has been filled, or otherwise closed. Please be prepared to provide a resume and cover letter to complete your application.
NHEC views compensation in a holistic and transparent manner. We are committed to providing our employees with work-life balance, generous time off, comprehensive health and retirement benefits, and additional programs that enhance our employees and members lives. The salary range for this role is targeted at $80,000 - $90,000.
Headquartered in Plymouth, New Hampshire, NHEC is the largest member-owned electric cooperative in New England, providing electric utility service to consumers and businesses in 115 communities throughout New Hampshire. There are 220+ employees serving our members, which is at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make, and our mission is to provide our members access to affordable, reliable electric service options that support and simplify their lives. The electric utility industry is currently undergoing enormous change as consumers look for new ways to manage energy costs through renewable energy, distributed energy resources such as solar arrays and battery storage, energy efficiency, electric vehicles, and energy-related apps on smart devices.
There is much to be proud of in our existing organization, and a genuine enthusiasm for what the future holds. It is an environment in which individual leadership and initiative are highly valued and encouraged, and success is viewed as a shared accomplishment to be celebrated by all. Ensuring our members have the energy they need, the information they want, and a partner they can trust is what makes us different. We invite you to learn more about the impact you can have by exploring our website at www.nhec.com.
Please visit our careers page to apply!