OMICRON is an international company serving the electrical power industry with innovative testing and diagnostic solutions. The application of OMICRON products provides users with the highest level of confidence in the condition assessment of primary and secondary equipment on their systems.
The Electronics Technician will support our customer base, both directly and indirectly. The position will be located in Waltham, MA and report to the Technical Support Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee the repairs and calibrations laboratory of OMICRON test equipment
- Diagnose mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures, using established procedures
- Work closely with application engineers and technical support engineers to increase knowledge and resolve customer issues
- Assist engineers with technical issues
- Develop and implement resolutions to identified problems, and follow standard practices and procedures
- Identify, record, and work with the team to proactively revise current procedures and tools to improve customer satisfaction
- Provide direction for continuous improvement of component repair methods and capabilities
- Help to ensure equipment is received, recorded, and tagged appropriately in conjunction with our Office and Repair Service Coordinator
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Reliable work style with self-initiative
- Enjoy working in a small team environment
- At least 3 years’ experience in repair and calibration of electronic equipment
- Experience working with Windows operating system
- General knowledge of firewall protection and IT networks infrastructure preferred
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. OMICRON electronics Corp. USA reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Associate degree or vocational school with Electrical / Electronic knowledge background; or comparable work experience
- Physical Demands: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-able individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of large objects more than 50 pounds, and operating office equipment; Frequent sitting, occasional bending and kneeling.
- Work Environment: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-able individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
OMICRON distinguishes itself by
- Not just offering a position, but an opportunity for growth and development in a international multi-cultural company
- Having fun while working as a part of a professional team
- Encouraging personal initiative through flat hierarchies
- Our extraordinary corporate culture and strong commitment to a healthy 'work-life-balance'
- Offering an attractive benefit package
OMICRON provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or origin, age or disability.
If you are interested in this position, please complete this employment application and upload all your information (resume, employment application,...).