The Town of Danvers welcomes applicants for the full-time union position of Utility Accountant for the DPW Business Office. The Town of Danvers is a politically stable and professionally managed community on the North Shore, providing a supportive and welcoming environment for all Town staff, including a commitment to professional development and policies that promote and support a healthy work/life balance.
This position provides accounting support for the Department of Public Works, including financial statement and report preparation, maintenance of the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and other financial responsibilities. Performs most duties independently, working within broad scope of established laws, regulations and departmental policies/goals, and referring to supervisor regarding questions or situations not previously encountered or covered by establish policies and guidelines. Work involves use of complex procedures, problem solving, requiring special knowledge or ability and application of independent judgement.
The Town will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteerism, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item in the qualification section of the job description is labeled required.
- Associates degree required, Bachelors Degree preferred, 3-5 years related utility accounting, bookkeeping, customer service, and/or office and clerical experience required and demonstrated financial planning, budget experience, and year end closings.
- Advanced understanding of computers, including financial accounting software and Microsoft Office is required.
- Experience with full accrual accounting required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must be fully committed to providing service excellence to every person who visits, works, or resides in the Town of Danvers by embodying the organization’s five core values: inclusion, integrity, accountability, positivity, and collaboration.
Please refer to the detailed job description for details on the position, responsibilities, and requirements here.
This is a full-time, 35 hour per week position with normal work hours of Monday through Wednesday 8 AM to 4PM; Thursday 8 AM to 7 PM, and Friday 8 AM to 12 PM. Union pay scale, starting at $57,633 annually, with ability to move through scale (via step system) to the max step at $75,289, annually. The Town offers excellent benefits including health and retirement plans (more information here). For more information on the Danvers Independent Employees Group (DIEG) Union, click here.
To apply please send a Town application, resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, by email as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Town Hall, 1 Sylvan Street, Danvers, MA 01923 Attn: Human Resources. Applications will be accepted until position is filled, with priority given to applications received by September 30, 2022.