WG+E is accepting applications for the position of Utility Engineer.
A qualified applicant would be one who is an energetic, active and self-motivated individual who enjoys being part of a high performing team and enjoys the sense of pride from responding to the needs of a tight-knit community. We are looking for an individual who seeks to make a positive change and improve the overall functions of his/her work area through efficiencies and reduction of waste.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
·Creates plans, orders, layouts, and cost estimates for all additions and changes to the distribution systems.
· Reviews the requirements for service with customers and prepares internal memoranda outlining the customer’s agreement of project scope; determines most economic method of completing the work.
· Prepares complete job orders for all operational work from beginning to end, including proposals, estimates, quotes, work orders, material requisitions, balance project invoicing, and reporting.
· Performs technical calculations as required for load balancing, proper equipment sizing, adequate plant construction, etc., in conformance with company standards.
· Contacts and works cooperatively with customers, contractors, representatives of other departments and utilities, as well as civic officials, in conjunction with the work.
· Assists other personnel with system analyses, engineering studies, and development of operational programs as assigned, utilizing department programs and software.
Qualifications & Entrance Requirements include:
· Ability to compile and record computer-based data associated with distribution records.
· Demonstrated experience and command of Microsoft Office products.
· Demonstrated experience and command of database systems.
· Demonstrated experience and command of ArcGIS and AutoCAD.
· Demonstrated experience in utility engineering analysis software.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical engineering, or ability to obtain within one year, or combination of formal schooling, technical training, and/or equivalent job experience.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
A very generous benefit package accompanies job offer, although relocation services are not provided. Please, no phone calls. Employment applications will be accepted through August 6, 2021.