The Town of Stowe Electric Department (SED) has been providing the community of Stowe with reliable electric service since 1911. SED takes pride in providing outstanding customer service to our 4,450 Residential and Commercial customers. We are seeking a qualified Utility Inventory and Operations Technician with inventory, mapping, Office 365, and electric utility experience to join our team.
General Summary of The Position:
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations, this position is responsible for the organization and management of supplies and materials within inventory for Stowe Electric Department utility operations. Receives and disperses operational messages between field personnel and internal departments and initiates and processes work order requests. Monitors the utility GIS system to update locations within a reasonable timeframe. Completes Dig Safe requests to locate utility infrastructure in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain work orders, inventory records, and equipment databases within the utility enterprise software system and verify their accuracy.
- Examine, interpret, and interact with computer mapping, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and associated databases.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and/or annual inventory counts.
- Work with department supervisors to determine and maintain inventory area and shop needs.
- Establish and maintain consistent stocking and inventory procedures. Stock shelves and supplies in the yard as required.
- Coordinate shipping and delivery of
- Operate large equipment to unload and/or organize inventory.
- Examine shipment verify accuracy and to check for any visible damages or shortages.
- Process paperwork such as material received, packing slips, etc. and submit to accounting using utility enterprise software system.
- Monitor DigSafe locate requests and relay information as needed.
- Locate underground utilities for GIS/OMS and DigSafe requests and enter necessary data into utility enterprise software system.
- Conduct monthly manual reads for approximately 20 non-AMI electric meters.
- Perform duties in a manner consistent with safe practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including facility maintenance, and flagging details as needed.
Qualifications and Basic Requirements:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and one year’s experience in inventory management, utility dispatch or customer service, or work related to utility distribution systems; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Ability to plan and organize complex work, review, and analyze data.
- Must possess or have the ability to become proficient in Microsoft Office or similar software programs along with utility-specific inventory management including GIS software applications.
- Must possess significant organizational skills.
- Ability to organize and maintain accurate records.
- Must possess mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess the knowledge or have the ability to learn how to operate large equipment.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures, and office equipment.
This is a non-exempt IBEW Local 300 bargaining position. We offer an outstanding benefits package which includes: health, dental, vision, 401(a), holidays and training opportunities. Additionally, there are generous Paid-Time-Off benefits. New employees will receive a minimum of 6 weeks Paid-Time Off after only 1 year.
WAGES: $22.00 - $27.00/hour
More detailed job descriptions can be found on our website at www.StoweElectric.com.
Stowe Electric Department is an Equal Opportunity employer and highly encourages women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply. We encourage qualified individuals with a disability to request a reasonable accommodation as needed to perform the essential functions of the job. If you have any questions on the available benefits, please call 802-253-1704 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position will remain open until filled – Email your resume and 3 references to:
Town of Stowe Electric Department
Attn: Trish Waugh, Business & Customer Care Manager
P.O. Box 190, Stowe, VT 05672
Fax: (802) 253-4555