NEPPA has partnered with the American Public Power Association to bring the Energy Storage: Trends and Practical Applications.
Energy storage technologies are poised to have a major effect on electric utilities. Take a deeper dive into the costs, benefits, and limitations of each type of energy storage technology. Discuss the challenges and short- and long-duration applications of these technologies and how your utility might weigh these insights when deciding how to invest in storage. Learn how regulatory trends might affect utility plans and storage goals. Review best practices and platforms for implementing battery storage in utility portfolio planning, in supporting intermittent renewable resources, and in providing other grid services.
Who Should Attend
Utility staff and policymakers looking for an in-depth look at energy storage.
– Overview of the energy storage market: trends and challenges
– Storage processes, technologies, and applications across the energy industry
– Battery storage technologies: cost and performance
– Lithium ion supply chain dynamics
– Market dynamics and competitive positioning
– Benefits of energy storage and the concept of value stacking multiple revenue streams
– Valuing storage as a resource in utility portfolio planning-l Regulatory frameworks and use cases
– Battery storage and the evolving grid
– End-of-life disposition
– Future outlook for storage
Cancellations will be accepted until Tuesday, April 26, 2022. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Peter Kelly-Detwiler, Co-founder of NorthBridge Energy Partners