Metering II Program
NEPPA’s Metering II Program is designed to build upon the introductory concepts of Metering I. Metering II explores advanced application of concepts, how to apply theory in practice and understand system design elements and equipment.
Upon successful completion of the Program, including a final exam, students are awarded a Certificate of Completion.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for:
- Intermediate or transitioning Meter Technicians
- Supervisors or Managers transitioning from other departments
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to successfully:
- Demonstrate a foundational knowledge of how electricity is measured through meters.
- Practice advanced applications of meter installations and measurements.
- Apply advanced programming, testing and design concepts to real-world applications.
- Develop a system design that demonstrates a deep understanding of the system’s configuration.
- Recognize applicable standards and specifications such as the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC).
- Demonstrate an understanding of meter multipliers.
- Test the impacts of metering on billing and revenue protection.
Students are expected to have completed NEPPA’s Basic Electricity and Mathematics for Utility Operations and Metering I programs, and/or demonstrate a solid understanding of basic electricity concepts, theory and mathematics through prequalification testing.
This Program includes a Final Exam to demonstrate comprehension of the material (25 Questions).
SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS *
In addition to the student binder with module printouts, students are provided with the following supplemental materials:
- Program T-Shirt
- Meter Socket Checks Handbook
- Pocket Guide to Watthour Meters
* Materials will be provided for participants who have not already received equipment in other programs.
COURSE DATES & LOCATION
Metering II will be held November 8 – 10, 2021 in-person at NEPPA’s Training Center:
NEPPA Training Center
200 New Estate Road
Littleton, MA 01460
Registration fees include supplemental materials, a program t-shirt, printed student materials and lunch each day.
To register, please click the button below and complete your registration online.
Thomas "Tom" Succi
Technical & Safety Trainer
Tom has worked in metering in New England for the past 48 years as a meter technician, instructor, engineer and manager. He has created instructional programs and taught in the region for most of his career and also ran the meter apprentice training for many years at National Grid as a Principal Trainer.
He recently retired as the Supervisor of Meter Test and Engineering at United Illuminating and looks forward to continuing his career as an instructor. Tom holds a BS and an AS in Engineering Technology as well as an advanced certificate in Management from WPI.
Tom and his wife Arlene currently reside in Connecticut.
Lodging is not included in your registration fees and must be arranged directly with the hotel. If you need overnight accommodations, please contact any of the following hotels directly and be sure to mention you’re with NEPPA (or the appropriate code/account number) to receive the negotiated rate:
Courtyard by Marriott Littleton – King: $155/night + tax; Queen/Queen: $165/night + tax
102 Constitution Avenue
Littleton, MA 01460
(978) 440-5040 – If calling to make your reservation, be sure to mention either NEPPA or Northeast Public Power
Click here to make your reservation online using the Corporate Rate: BZL *** Due to COVID, please call the hotel directly.
Boxboro Regency Hotel & Conference Center – $99/night + tax
242 Adams Place
Boxboro, MA 01719
The Westford Regency Inn & Conference Center – $109/night + tax (with breakfast)
219 Littleton Road
Westford, MA 01886
Click here to make your reservation online using the Rate Access Code: NEPPA.
SpringHill Suites Devens Common Center – $129/night + tax
27 Andrews Parkway
Devens, MA 01434
Click here to make your reservation online.
Hilton Garden Inn Devens – $129/night + tax
59 Andrews Parkway
Devens, MA 01434
Click here to make your reservation online using the Group Code: BZL.